Sunday, October 5, 2008

I hate filling out the personal description boxes!

Every where I go I have to fill one of these damn things out. I guess you don't really have to but I feel weird leaving it blank, like I'm ashamed of myself or something. Every time I have a description box in front of me I suddenly find myself with writers block. I stare blankly at this stupid box spending more time doing that then it will take me to write this entire blog. Once a manage to type a sentence I find myself deleting it and returning to my zombie like state waiting for my next failed thought to transfer from my mind to the screen. Even now I'm thinking of going back to do it over again. Its inevitable, I will never be happy with it. I'm considering starting a movement to get a new law put in place making it illegal for any site to use or allow descriptions. All the people who cant live without the description box will be forced to get them on the black market.

For some reason the opening sentence in almost everything I write about is the one thing stopping me from flooding the screen with the never ending pool of useless knowledge waiting to be shared with the rest of the world. The opening is so crucial to me and has a huge effect on what direction I will take with whatever I'm really trying to write. Sometimes it stops me from writing at all.

So I've decided to take care of my description problem once and for all. I'm going to sit here and work on it for however long it takes me to get it where I'm pleased with it. Then I will save it and use it to copy paste if and when I encounter another terror box.

Now I'm going to start a new blog where I will post all the opening failures I type from now on lol. Also anyone who feels my pain and suffers from the same problem I encourage you to post your failed opening lines as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness ... that was so funny! Welcome to the world of blogging ... you've got a good start. I'll be back often to see what you're writing about.

Take Care!
Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com/

Inspector Clouseau said...

Good start. Always loved the Pacific Northwest including frequent visits to Seattle and Pike Place Market. Usually headed up the road to Vancouver and hung out there. Keep plugging with your writing. It'll become more fun and you'll have lots of traffic in a few months. Good luck.

http://www.theviewfromoutsidemytinywindow.blogspot.com