Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sorry its been so long since I Posted.. Ohh and my roomate just went to prison!

Things have been hectic around here lately, which is why I have not been posting.. So where to begin.

I started taking on roommates about 7 months ago to help pay the bills. Ive been through 5 of them now, yes in that short amount of time. Its amazing how many people don't understand the concept of "money" .... However this last roommate was by far the best one I have ever had. Cleaned up after himself, payed rent on time, kept the fridge stocked, and he was quiet. He has been here about 3 months and I met him through the previous person I had staying with me. I knew him as Mario, a Latino male who grew up in a bad part of LA. Well it turned out the perfect roommate was wanted by the authorities. His real name was Jose, so the sheriff told me while I was cuffed outside my apartment. They had a hard time believing I had no idea he was a felon on the run and that I thought his name was Mario. So basically I was harboring a fugitive. Fortunately I wasn't charged with anything and I was released on the spot after they ran my name and cleared me. I asked what he had done and all they would tell me is he had outstanding felony warrants. So I looked it up online using his real name the police were so kind to give me. Turns out he was caught with a controlled substance with intent to distribute and manufacturing. He bailed out and has been on the run for 3 years. Believe me when I say its quite the experience to suddenly be rushed by no less then 15 sheriffs with body armor and weapons drawn. Second time in my life I have ever been held at gun point.

So without his rent this month Ive been forced to take on side jobs to make up the extra money I was counting on for rent. I have it now and will be back to writing frequently. So please keep on stopping by and I hope you enjoy whatever my mind conjure up.

SeattleCraig

Midnight Eternal

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Cuffed? Held at gunpoint? I can't even imagine!!

Perhaps a roommate isn't the way to go! :)

I'm glad to see that you are back in the blogosphere. You know ... you could take this experience and write a short story ... or even a book about it.

Take Care!
Small Footprints

SeattleCraig said...

I'm actually working on a true story about another experience of mine. I consider it the most elaborate, original story in my life to date. Problem is Ive started writing it 4 times now and cant seem to create the drama that I desire. My imagination is dictating my attempts and turning my story into rant after rant. It will be the greatest story I have written "not saying much hehe" and maybe the best I ever will.

I'm taking my time on it tho.. I have a few other works in progress. I have other story's and articles, rants, to take a break from my future disaster or Master Piece :)

Thanks for checkin in on me :)

SeattleCraig
Midnight Eternal